Meeting Planner Gold Passport Promotion
HYATT REGENCY BOSTON 2014 MEETINGS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
YOU WILL ONLY BE ENTERED IF YOU FULLY COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION (“SPONSOR”), ITS DIVISIONS AND RELATED ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW, OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Hyatt REGENCY BOSTON 2014 Meetings Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 1st, 2014, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 30th, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and is open to legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (the “Territory”) and who are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence on the entry date. There will be one (1) prize drawing from eligible entries received within the Sweepstakes Period. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Sponsor and each of their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors in interest, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win a prize. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, relatives are defined as spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, in-law, grandparent, sibling, children and grandchildren. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: If you meet the eligibility requirements, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
BY BOOKING AN ELIGIBLE MEETING WITH SPONSOR. You may enter the Sweepstakes by booking an eligible meeting and signing a contract (“Meeting Contract”) with Sponsor that is entered by Sponsor into its system during the Sweepstakes Period and that complies with all of the following requirements: (a) it must be for a meeting or event at a Hyatt Regency Boston; (b) it must be for a meeting or event scheduled between March 1st, 2014, and December 31st, 2014; and (c) it must consist of a minimum of ten (10) rooms on a peak night; (d) when making your meeting reservation, you must reference the tracking code provided to you by Sponsor (“Code”) and (e) Meeting Contract must be fully executed by December 31, 2015 (each a “Meeting”). Codes enable Sponsor to track Sweepstakes entries in its system and must be provided when booking your Meeting in order to participate. Entrant will earn one (1) entry per unique Meeting booked. Meetings must be scheduled and executed Meeting Contracts received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with these Official Rules to constitute an entry into this Sweepstakes. The terms of these Official Rules govern entry into this Sweepstakes, which, as described above, may be effected by booking a Meeting and executing a Meeting Contract. However, these Official Rules do not alter or otherwise modify the terms of your Meeting Contract. If you are booking a Meeting that qualifies for entry into this Sweepstakes, but do not agree to these Official Rules or otherwise do not wish to participate in the Sweepstakes, you may opt-out by sending an email with the subject “Hyatt Regency Boston 2014 Meetings Sweepstakes – OPT-OUT” to Sponsor at Bosto-RFP@hyatt.com.
TO ENTER WITHOUT BOOKING A MEETING. During the Sweepstakes Period, you also may enter the Sweepstakes as follows: by hand printing your full name, complete home address, phone numbers, email address (if any), and age on a 3 x 5 inch piece of paper and sending it by United States mail or comparable mail service in a sealed envelope with correct postage to: Hyatt Regency Boston 2014 Meetings Sweepstakes - Entry, c/o Marketing Manager, Hyatt Regency Boston, 1 Avenue d Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111.
All mail-in entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and received by Hyatt Regency Boston no later than five (5) days after end of Sweepstakes Period. Late entries will be disqualified. Limit one (1) mail-in entry per outer envelope. Mail-in entries will be entered into the drawing based on their postmark date as long as they are received by Sponsor no later than five (5) days after the Sweepstakes Period as explained above, provided that any entries received following the close of the Sweepstakes Period but no later than five (5) days after Sweepstakes Period.
The following applies to all entries, regardless of entry method: Those who do not follow Sponsor’s instructions or these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries may not be made jointly or by any group and may only be made by an eligible individual. Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any prize won by its employees (even if winning the prize conflicts with corporate policy, in which case the prize will be forfeited entirely). Each entrant is solely responsible for ensuring that his/her entry does not violate his/her employer’s corporate policy. Entries, Meeting Contracts, or other entry components that are forged, altered, incomplete, lost, late, illegitimate, invalid, unintelligible, mutilated, garbled, misdirected, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit entries by using multiple or false information or otherwise may be disqualified. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all respects.
3. ODDS/SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Each drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s designated representative, whose decisions regarding the random drawing will be final. One (1) prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries actually received for that drawing to be held after the end of the Sweepstakes Period in Boston, MA.
Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner that he or she may have won a prize in this Sweepstakes by mail, e-mail or telephone (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) within approximately ten (10) days after the drawing. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, the winner agrees to complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return, without alteration and in the form presented by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (unless prohibited by law) within seven (7) days of receipt (which may require providing winner’s Social Security Number and/or government-issued identification number and/or copy thereof), or prize may be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize may be forfeited. The affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release are subject to verification by Sponsor. If any prize, prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is rejected, faulty or returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor or does not respond according to the notification’s or Sponsor’s instructions (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), if the winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or if the winner or potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, that winner or potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected (time permitting). Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners for a particular prize, at which point that prize may be deemed unclaimed and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize. The prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
For the drawing, one (1) prize winner, subject to verification, will receive a prize one hundred thousand (100,000) Hyatt Gold Passport points. Total ARV of Prize: $2,400.
Subject to verification, this prize will be awarded in the form of one hundred thousand (100,000) Hyatt Gold Passport points. Points will be added to the member's account two to three (2-3) weeks after the winner is verified by Sponsor. Reservations to use this Hyatt Gold Passport points must be made via goldpassport.com or by calling your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center. This Reward may only be used when standard rooms are available at the Hyatt Daily Rate. Standard rooms are defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates. This Reward cannot be redeemed for packages. Hyatt Gold Passport Reward reservations are subject to the cancellation policy of the individual property at which member is redeeming a Reward. Valid only for standard guest rooms. The minimum number of points required for a one night stay is subject to change at any time. The ARV of each Prize and Reward is subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Hyatt Gold Passport points have no cash value. The approximate retail value of Hyatt Gold Passport points is based solely on the current price at which they may be purchased through Points.com, a third party vendor unrelated to Sponsor. The ARVs stated in these Official Rules are based, in part, on the current value of Hyatt Gold Passport points offered by that vendor. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference between the actual value of the Prize or Reward at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related correspondence or materials. You must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member in good standing to receive any points, discounts, status upgrades, or other rewards received during this Promotion. All Rewards and Prizes won except for discounts and status upgrades will be awarded as Hyatt Gold Passport points. Hyatt Gold Passport points will be deposited into recipient's Hyatt Gold Passport account by Hyatt Corporation. Points may be redeemed by recipients at participating Hyatt locations as found on http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_free_night.jsp. Hyatt Gold Passport points, status upgrades, and discounts may be subject to certain additional restrictions, including, blackout dates, availability, and terms and conditions available at: http://www.goldpassport.com/hyatt/customer-service/gp-terms-conditions.jsp. Reward recipients and Prize winners are responsible for all travel arrangements and booking travel that is participating in a particular Prize or Reward. Sponsor is not liable for any missed Prize or Reward events, opportunities, or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Reward recipients and Prize winners may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. By participating in this Promotion and accepting the Rewards and/or Prize, each Reward recipient and Prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Promotion-, Prize-, or Reward-related activity. Each Reward recipient and Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor, Prize providers, and Reward providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the participant or his/her guest(s) (if any) from any activity at any time if the participant's or his/her guests' (if any) behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the providers, and in such a case, the participant will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the Prize or Reward. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any Prize or Reward, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the Prize or Reward and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim the Prize or Reward.
All Prizes and Rewards legitimately claimed will be awarded. All meals, gratuities, in-room charges, travel expenses, travel and other insurance, carrier fees, government charges, transfers, ground transportation, taxes (federal, state, provincial, and local) and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the Prize or Reward are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Prize or Reward or any Prize or Reward that is undeliverable or does not reach the Reward recipient or Prize winner because of an incorrect or changed address or other contact information, including, if he or she fails to update his or her Hyatt Gold Passport account information. If a Reward recipient or Prize winner does not accept or use the entire Prize or Reward (prior to its expiration or otherwise), the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize or Reward will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that Prize or Reward or portion of the Prize or Reward. No transfers, substitutions, or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated Prize or Reward or portion thereof with another Prize or Reward or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize or Reward unavailability. No more than the stated Prizes and Rewards will be awarded. Each Reward recipient or Prize winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the Prize or Reward. If, for any reason, more bona fide recipients or winners come forward seeking to claim Prizes or Reward in excess of the number of each type of Prize or Reward set forth in these Official Rules, the recipients or winners, or remaining recipients or winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of Prizes or Rewards available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such Prize or Rewards in Sponsor's sole discretion. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants the Sweepstakes Entities the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to him or her or any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to him or her, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), world-wide, without any limitation of time and without notice, review or approval and each entrant releases all Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating this Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the prizes. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or who Sponsor suspects or determines to be otherwise acting in violation of these Official Rules, in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been shown or announced anywhere. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT agreeS TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE Sweepstakes Entities AND EACH OF THEIR Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives (COLLECTIVELY, WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, MISUSE or awarding of THE prize, while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize- OR SWEEPSTAKES-related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss, OR accident to person or property. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THe PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, ITS quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST (IF ANY) RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE GUEST’S (IF ANY) TRAVEL TO OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW IN ANY STATE, PROVINCE, JURISDICTION, OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
6. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: The Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant or by human or other error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means; entries in excess of the stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or misdirected entries, e-mail, mail, or Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information; failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or the Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state, provincial, or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
7. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Sweepstakes Entity, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, or the determination of a winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR SENTENCE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
This Sweepstakes and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without reference to its conflicts of law principles. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Sweepstakes (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes.
8. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To find out who won, mail a legal-sized, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Hyatt Regency Boston 2014 Meetings Sweepstakes Winners, Attn: Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Hyatt Regency Boston, 1 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. For a copy of these Official Rules during the Sweepstakes Period, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address for receipt during the Sweepstakes Period: Hyatt Regency Boston 2014 Meetings Sweepstakes Official Rules, Attn: Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Hyatt Regency Boston, 1 Avenue d Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111. Only one (1) request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Vermont residents may omit return postage for rules requests.
9. THE SPONSOR OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS: Hyatt Corporation, 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60606.